Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just sitting here praying

I never thought that I would wind up sitting on my floor praying for something as silly as cell phone service. But on the floor I am, and that's what I'm doing. My best friend and the love of my life is in Prince George in the bush for the next 3 and a half months and I don't know what to do with myself other than pray for cell phone service so that I can have a blessed phone conversation with him every night. My life feels slightly empty although I've tried as hard as I can to incorporate him into my every day experience. I have three of his shirts in my closet in a pile so that I can wear them when I need a snuggle, I have pictures of us up all over my room, and I've already started accumulating things for care parcels. However there still remains a lump in my throat the size of the Hoover Dam and there aren't enough chores in the world to keep me occupied through a summer of free time.

'Distance makes the heart grow stronger'. 'You'll appreciate each other more when you've had some time off'. From this point on I solemnly swear to never use these sentences in a serious situation again.

2 comments:

Christine said...

At least it's only 4 months, and not 8. Although I guess I get to see R every once in a while.. You'll survive!:)

Jan said...

Awww, Anni pooo. Like you said about my post, I'm really grateful that you wrote this because it gives me a better idea of what to pray for. You realize it's tennis season and I miss you!!