Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Marriage

What is it with people and marriage lately? I swear that everywhere I look people seem to have their hate on for the topic. I can't count the amount of times I've heard lately, "Marriage ruins your life", "Don't get married, don't have kids, it's a waste of time and money" etc etc etc. Screw off people and leave my happy fantasy alone.

I, Anne Kathleen Suttie, want to get married someday. And likely or not it will be a lot sooner than when you (marriage hater) want me to. I still believe that marriage is love and love leads to joy and although there will indefinitely be hard times, the good times will overshadow the bad ones. I still believe that marriage is a blessing and a sacred union between two people who God has placed together for a purpose. What could be more exciting than that? What could be more exciting than having someone to spend the rest of your life with? Someone to love you until death do you part, someone to share the load and encourage you, someone for you to encourage? I'm not jaded like you people seem to be.

Sure, you say that I can't possibly have a valid opinion as I have never been married before. But I've seen marriages that are proof of everything I have stated above even if yours isn't.

So please, the next time you decide to tell me that marriage is a curse, a joke, and a waste of time, bite your tongue. I don't want to hear it.

2 comments:

Christine said...

i agree with you about the good parts .. when are you coming to visit me!?

Tawmis said...

Nice Anne, stay strong! Just remember its probably because they've been really hurt... we humans can be pretty bad at loving other people...